I haven't forgotten you guys.

I do plan on getting you lots of thoughts on the spring game. There's a story in today's paper and there will be a bigger story in MONDAY's paper and I'll blog some stuff Sunday. The HOF dinner went long, as did my writing time. Also I have lots to do Saturday at my desk, and I'll be away Sunday, but you'll see plenty from me.
I'll give you a couple of quick thoughts for now:
1) Apparently I was higher on Gunnar's day than everyone else. While everything in my story was accurate, some people, including the coaches, found some more flaws than I did. I'll have to rethink it and pour through my notes again.
2) I don't think it matters much, as this team will be based on Brian Fowler and the O-Line anyway. I'm sure Mac will talk in the fall about opening it up, and I'll write it because he says it, but we all know when push comes to shove, he'll stick to the run. Of course, I don't think that's really a bad thing.
3) Don't worry about the defense yet. Most of it didn't play today.
4) A very reliable source told it's very possible that one of the two suspended women's hoops players back next year, but not the other. They didn't go further, but I don't think it takes a lot of thought or digging to figure out that means Gabby could be back but not Shontice.
5) Also, and I don't want to say it fully until I confirm it with someone at CCSU, but a different little birdie told me the women will have a FASCINATING game on the schedule next year, and you all will be able to attend. [No, it's not UConn. Let's not get crazy.]
6) Adding to what I wrote at the end of the season, it looks more and more like the men are going to play a number of big name teams next year. Penn St. is still the only name I can confirm, but there are more and more rumblings that Howie wasn't kidding when he said he was looking for more "heavy hitters."

No comments:

Post a Comment