Quick apology

CT Hoops: After reading my response again today, I wanted to apologize for some of my over the top word choice, particularly the word "lies."
My point was simply this: If you want to say Howie hasn't done a good job the last couple of years, that's a perfectly valid opinion. My point wasn't to strictly defend Howie. I'd like to see, at least at times, a more set rotation, and I think it's very fair to say that sometimes kids play tentatively because they're scared to get yanked out of the game because of his quick hook.
What I took offense to was the idea that coaches who yell at their players can't win. I used the examples of those other coaches, but I should have also added that those guys are at higher levels as well.
I tend to be harsh about what I deem to be unfair criticism, and I was way over the top that way this time. However, don't let this incident scare anyone else off. I enjoy a good debate, and obviously criticism of me and or the program is more than ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment