I called it, kind of

I'll have much more on the season that was, as well as the look ahead, but wanted to give a quick shout out to the Mount.
I pegged them for weeks as a team I wanted no part of in March, and the Colonials unfortunately (for them at least) proved me right.
I'm a big fan of coach Brown and that program. Sacred Heart is a class act program as well, so the NEC will be well-represented in the NCAAs. Just hope it's not in Dayton.
I did pretty well with my big picks of the year... RMU to win the regular season, the Devils to finish 6th, and the Mount to win a road game in the NECs.
Like I said, season wrap-ups and look-aheads for the men and women to come, I've had to do a lot of high school stuff (not that I don't love those tourneys as well) so I'm a bit behind.
Also, a nice big baseball feature after I finally see them on Wed.

2 comments:

  1. It was a shame to see SHU's season come to an end the way it did. MSMU was by far the hottest team coming in. I will say this, that was probably the ugliest game I have ever seen live. I can't imagine what it looked like on tv. I will see later this week, when I watch it (although, I really don't want to).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, I don't know if this will get to you, but, I'll try.
    I don't recall this being mentioned here in the past, but, one of our teams is "in the nationals". No, it's not varsity, but the club level CCSU hockey team.
    I know the athletic dept. won't mention it, because it's not a varsity sport. The other PR or Marketing departments won't because it's a "sport". So, it looks as if no one's mentioning the very successful club team, Central Ice Hockey. Will you?

    They've got a page http://clubs.ccsu.edu/icehockey/. Can you report on their playoff activities? They're playing 'now'.

    I see them as no different than any other organizaton on campus that does something wonderful. Let's read about it in the Herald and also on you blog.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete