Hoop talk

I've been saying since I hinted at it in the season preview that I like Dannie and TB3 (my shorthand for Tristan's triples in my notes during games that I always thought would be a cool nickname for him) is my favorite backcourt option. Shemik would be a nice spark off the bench, and Joe has shown (at least to me) that he's OK with the move to an instant offense kind of guy. He was also full of life tonight, grabbing 8 boards.
I'd like to see coach stay with this setup, but he's much smarter than I am, so if he doesn't he has a good reason.
The battle for playing time among the bigs will sort itself out. The real key to the season, in my opinion, is finding the right mix on the perimeter.

One other thought: It might be two games from now or two years from now, but I have a feeling I'll be writing the name Ken Horton a lot in the future. Some guys play basketball, others are basketball players. Horton strikes me as the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment