Some give and take

I love that people are reading the blog, even if they're disagreeing with me.
But to those who think appearance is everything, let me remind you that it's the players that win, not the building.
For instance, Sacred Heart's building is 10 years old, and while it's a fine building, it's not exactly the new Prudential Center. The Pitt Center isn't why the Pioneers are on the way up, it's a good coach with a bunch of good players.
Have you ever been to FDU and Monmouth? Again, I don't mean to turn this post into the ripping of other buildings, but it's not like the success those teams have had in recent years is because they've played in palaces.
Are CCSU's facilities as nice as some other places? Absolutely not. Does it help to show a shiny building to a recruit? Yes. Are these the determining factors in what teams are good and which aren't? No. That was my point.
As for me being an apologist... I don't think being honest makes you an apologist. Quite the opposite. Heck, I'd love to tell you that the Blue Devils are building a new 20,000 seat building and that every ticket had been sold for it. But instead I'm the guy who often says on here that fans don't show up enough to many Central events. I'm also the one that often says that a move to the A-10, AE or something like that isn't even on the radar from everything I've ever heard.
Something could happen with football if the auto-qualifier thing doesn't happen, but I'd be stunned if Central were out of the NEC for everything else in 2012. Stunned.
Gampel helped UConn, but if they didn't have Chris Smith, Cliff Robinson and Tate George, it wouldn't have mattered what building they were in.
Come to some games, and remember the advice players often get from coaches: stay within yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment