Oh what a night/ Simmons news

GREAT win by the men tonight. It wasn't a good game in terms of quality, but both teams battled like it was the NEC final. Tristan's stats don't tell his story, he was beyond clutch and was his usual star on defense. The three with 50-something left was with a man all over him.

Joe was spectacular. I wish he were more consistent, because he could become a great wingman for "TB3". Speaking of Tristan, congrats to him on becoming the all-time leading 3-point shooter in school history. It was weird to see him do it as 00 (his jersey got left behind) considering Justin was '0'.

I'll have a little more later in the week on Hall, who is filling minutes and providing a bit of a spark. Horton had one of his up days on the up and down scale. Tamir continues to grow into his role.

Speaking of that role, I didn't have the room to put this in the paper, but here's the scoop on Simmons: CCSU doesn't want to say too much officially because these things can change for the better or worse, but it's safe to say that Simmons will be out for an extended period of time thanks to that shoulder issue. I was given numbers, but they're not firm enough to be printed from what I was told. I'm not a guy who likes to use "could be" much, so I didn't want to go with them either. I CAN tell you that we're certainly talking weeks or months, not days.

This is just me talking now, but I'd be surprised to see him play again this year.

4 comments:

  1. Crank dat hoopla boy
    crank dat hoopla boy

    CCSyouuuuuuu

    CCSyouuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any status on Dave Simmons? Whats the info Matt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, I'm dissapointed in you :) I said in the blog that he's out weeks or months, not days, and my guess is he likely won't be back this season, but that's a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Richard Simmons available?

    Howie's squad is getting thin...but that may make them tougher

    ReplyDelete