2 quickies

I'll try and write more on the guttiest win of the year in a bit, but two things first.

1) To clear up my mistake on the radio today: Well, not so much a mistake as a leaving out of a scenario. Finishing second in the NEC doesn't necessarily guarantee the Blue Devils are going to the WNIT.
Here's how they could miss:
If someone other than Sacred Heart or CCSU wins the NEC tournament, Sacred Heart would go to the WNIT as the top-seeded team that missed the dance.

2) I saw the threat on the board today about coach Mac. I'm stunned. You all went from hating him to hoping he stays?

2 comments:

  1. Only 1 poster doesn't seem to like Coach Mac. He thinks we'd be better off with a West Coast offense.

    Most fans have been very supportive of him as HC, but he's got to start beating Albany and Monmouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, I don't think it's a matter of liking or disliking Coach Mac for some fans. It is more of a difference in football style, the style he likes and the style some of the fans would like to see. I would venture to say that most CCSU fans would acknowledge without hesitation the great job he has done in promoting and marketing the program, improving scheduling, increasing fan interest, and giving fans winning (.500+) seasons. The only thing he has not brought to CCSU yet is a championship. As a CCSU football fan I firmly believe that Coach Mac is the face of CCSU football and more importantly CCSU football needs some continuity. It would set the program back if CCSU lost another coach after only three years. I would assume players come to CCSU to play for Coach Mac and when a coach leaves they are granted the right to look elsewhere without transfer penalties. Regardless of the impact it would have on CCSU football and even though I disagree with the "run first and often" mentality, I have to acknowledge what Coach Mac has done for CCSU football and I would hate to see him leave. With an AQ to the FCS coming up in 2010 as well as the completion of the expanded Arute Field on the horizon I believe Coach Mac and CCSU football can achieve great things in the future.

    ReplyDelete