Just checking in

so you guys wouldn't think I forgot you. Obviously I'm writing like crazy for the paper this week with everything going on. Hope you're reading it all in the Herald or at NewBritainHerald.com.
Yes, shameless plug. I have to buy my Cherry Pepsi somehow.
Wanted to clear up one misconception I've seen out there: CCSU didn't hide Ken's injury last year. Not from me, and not from you guys. They couldn't have because they didn't know about it.
Kenny didn't tell the coaching staff what he was playing through until AFTER the year. He was toughing it out. Which is admirable, even if not always the best thing to do. He told Howie after the year was over. The only thing I haven't asked, because quite frankly I didn't think of it at the time, is why it took so long from the time he told coach until when he's getting surgery. I know the CCSU medical staff and they're VERY good, so I'm sure it's a totally reasonable answer. My guess is they wanted to see if he could play through it.
Schedule for the week: I wrote a quick thing on football for Thursday's paper, soccer stuff will be in Friday's paper and a full football preview Saturday morning. It's possible there will be breaking news late week/weekend. Will let you know if there is. Not tyring to be a tease, as it's quite possible nothing comes of it, but just wanted to remind you to check here once in a while this week. And don't fret, it's nothing earth-shattering like Kenny.
Btw, I saw others have started calling his absence and the missing minutes and points the "Kenny void." I wish I could start a more pleasant trend. But maybe we can get Bruce to use it on opening night?
Also, start working on names now for next year, when a healthy, angry Kenny comes back and starts dunking on people. I vote for the "Ken Horton Revenge Tour." Simple and unoriginal, yet effective. Like most of my stuff.
Also, Lynn, if you read this, I wrote you back. Reply so I can fulfill that article request.

No comments:

Post a Comment