Mail time!

First off, HUGE thanks to Brad Carroll, Ryan Pipke and Andrew Lovell for all their help with the special section. Brad made it look great, and Ryan and Andrew both wrote things to take some of the weight off my shoulders.
Hope you'll all pick it up and bring it with you to the game Friday, or read it before listening to Bruce and Marc. Not sure if all of it can even be webbed, so give it a read please! You'll enjoy it and we worked hard on it.

Thought, in the spirit of the start of the year, I'd tackle some questions I've seen around the web.

Is Shemik Thompson still the primary PG this year?
Yes, if he doesn't play Friday's it's because he's been sick all week. I didn't mention it in the preview because I was writing about the long term. I know he was out of practice this week, so Paul's report today is accurate. Though knowing Shemik, if he can walk he'll play.

If so, if Bailey plays well while Thompson is ill will it allow Howie to move Thompson over to SG?
Maybe in some cases, but not often. You're more likely to see Shemik and Joe or Vince. You want Shemik to be in charge, and you'd like to avoid a freshman PG. Not saying Devan won't be good, but PGs are like QBs. The older the better.

Where will Ptacek play and what happened to Tull?
Ptacek will mostly be a wing/forward/3rd guard, so he's not really bothered by who the second guard is. I don't think you'll see much of Tull early. But I think he can absolutely be a player down the line. Bailey will play early, as will Deans.

Where will Rosario play?
Remember Microwave Johnson? Vince will be shooting. A lot. Howie told me specifically that he doesn't want Vince driving the ball much, so you won't see him running the point much. Plus I saw him make a shot in practice from the sideline before he started regularly draining NBA threes.

No comments:

Post a Comment