That tease

This was one I had to hold onto until Saturday in part because I wanted to see how big it would become, but now it seems less severe. Early in the week there was quite the flu bug going through the football team (not to mention a couple of other teams and now your favorite beat writer just sneezed as he wrote this), but by Friday afternoon I can report that many of the players were back at practice. I was told that Thursday night and saw it for myself Friday. I wouldn't be stunned if a player or two doesn't go Saturday because of it, but the worst seems to have passed. There was one star player I was particularly worried about, but since he practiced Friday I won't embarrass him by saying he was sick.
Preview is in the paper and online, but i forgot to make a pick:
Assuming Central is healthy, they pull it together and win another close one. I think Jason Page is going and Central always plays well when he's around, so I'll say 27-21 in another late rally. If they're sick, all bets are off. But I'll give you a bonus, long-term pick: If Central wins this one, Monmouth is going down in two weeks. Coming home with one big one to go? The Devils won't miss that chance. But first things first.
That all said, I have tons of writing for the paper to do this week, so forgive me if the blogging is scarce this week. Check the paper or NewBritainHerald.com to make sure you see it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment