Saturday night part 2

This was originally going to be part of the basketball post, but I decided to make it a seperate thing.

I spent Saturday night at CCSU's Champions Banquet for the men's soccer team.
Want to take a second to thank them for inviting me, and giving me praise that went well above and beyond what I deserved. It was a priveledge to get to watch them make that run, and I hope you guys all enjoyed the coverage not for my sake, but for the kids. They deserved the attention they got. Like I said at the party: I've seen some dominant teams at CCSU, but I've never seen a team come back from such odds. It was impressive to say the least.

And a quick addition to my brief remarks on Saturday. I meant to thank Jason for all his help during that NCAA run and Derek for helping me get you all those quotes from Tulsa and the NEC's.
And to Jackie and Kelly for keeping me company during all those Sunday afternoons with no other reporters around. I got one to join Red Sox Nation and the other to adopt the Celtics, so I feel like I accomplished something in return for their helping keep me sane in the rain on days when I had to do two games and the paper.
Now, if someone can only explain to me why soccer isn't a spring sport...

A final thought: I never cease to be amazed by the class of the people around the programs I cover. Win or lose, you out there in Blue Devil nation can be proud of the people who represent your school.
I've occasionally been critical of some teams and players for their performance, but I can honestly say I've yet to meet a bad guy or gal over there. I truly love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment