The road ahead

First off, some blogger mail:
X-Man, yes, I see solid improvement in this team. It will be a tough adjustment next year with the loss of Tristan, but I think there remains a good chance that the new breed turns into a deep and versatile squad. Fans should expect some growing pains next year in the first year without 35 on the floor.

J.J.: I think I know the answer to your Bracket Buster question, but let me ask a few people, just in case I'm not right. I'll try and get back to you on here within a couple days.

As for Thursday night:
This could be fun. Looking forward to seeing the Bobcats in person later this year (our sister paper in New Haven is covering this one for us as I'll be stuck behind the desk), but I have a feeling this one could be good.
Both teams will get after it on each end. This one will be hard-fought and tough for 40 minutes, and it should be fast-paced. I feel Central will have something in store for DA, whether it's Tristan or maybe Horton on the defensive end. The key will be timing. Central must first avoid an early storm on the road, then it must counter the QU runs that have come at end of games.
Also, avoiding turnovers against a team that can make things a little chaotic will be key (as it will be again on Saturday).
They're basic keys I know, but sometimes this is a simple game.

Hoping to see the Blue Devil fans get out there as I've been reading they might. The Hockey Rink in Hamden should be close to full for a good rivalry game like this, time for the fans top step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment