Another quickie

Lots of stuff coming in the next week or so, but just a couple of thoughts today.

1) I hope the person who emailed me on Friday night to yell at me for telling you all to go see the women's soccer team on the day of its letdown was there Sunday. Yes, Friday was a clunker. I've seen CCSU lose a few times over the years, but that was the first time I ever saw the Devils fail to show up.
But the opposite was the case on Sunday. They lost to a very good Yale team (two of Yale's losses are to nationally-ranked teams), but controlled play at times and obviously were into the game full throttle. If they play like that all year, they'll win a lot of games. And if the team I saw on Sunday shows up in the NCAAs (assuming a lot, I know) some big-name team is going to have its hands full.

2) I was going to mention this Friday, but I got sidetracked. Then something came up again that reminded me of it. I have to thank, as I try to do publicly once a season, Tom Pincince, Jason Stronz and the SID staff at CCSU. They help me in about 2,576 ways per year, and are a big part of why I'm able to do what I do. It could be as simple as getting my computer wired up on the road (I'm lucky if I can turn one on, never mind get an Internet connection) to helping me research a stat.
They don't do it to get their names in the paper or on a blog, but they deserve a mention. They were there again this weekend, and it made me remember to give thanks.

I've been fortunate to meet a lot of great people on this beat, from C.J. down through his staff to the coaches to guys you don't hear much about like Tom (current radio star) and Jason (future radio star) and Steve Villanti and a bunch of others. They are all helpful professionally and good people in general.

O.K., off my soapbox for the day. I'll be doing non-Central stuff for work on Monday, and I expect nothing in the way of news, so I probably won't blog again until Tuesday. But as always, is something comes up, I'll be on it.

1 comment:

  1. What is the scoop on the 2 schools (Bryant and NJIT) that have applied to join the NEC?

    Are they likely to be admitted?

    ReplyDelete