The first batch of questions

Already have a couple of questions sent in. Really appreciate the response, hope this works out to be informative for you guys and fun for me.
I'll do this first set of a couple as kind of an open-ended bit. Translation: I got these questions tonight and am posting what I know. As I get more info in later weeks, we'll revisit these topics, so don't be afraid to ask the same question again. Eventually I'll be able to give you a better answer.
One bit of a disclaimer before we begin. This won't happen often, maybe only a couple of times a season per sport, but there are times when I get told things that are what we call "off the record" That means I know it, but can't say it. For the purposes of these questions, I'll try and avoid those topics if the need arises. It doesn't happen often. I'll never EVER intentionally give you a wrong answer in these Q and A's, but if I have more details a few days after I answer your question, don't yell at me. Remember that I have to keep sources happy in order to get you more info down the line.
With that said, here's the first quick batch. Since I haven't yet checked on some of the answers and am going off what I know, they're more observations than answers. But the more you ask, the more I know what questions you guys want answered, which helps us both.
1) I'd be surprised if CCSU and SCSU kept this series going for very long, as the game doesn't seem to do much for either school. It draws a big crowd though, so if the Blue Devils continue to play a "lower level" team, SCSU might be it. There's nothing official yet, and the last I checked the '08 schedule wasn't near completion. I'll check again soon, though.
By the way, speaking of Saturday, here's a preview of the preview story for Saturday's paper. Southern is good, better than you may even think. This won't be easy.
2) Could the Blue Devils play at the Rent? I bet they would take the game. In fact, I'm pretty darn sure they would. Will they? My take is that would be up to the school up north. Again, this is just an opinion, but I think a lot could come from this Western Michigan game in terms of future scheduling. The Blue Devils have shown the willingness to play anyone, but the game has to make sense for them to be worth it, unless they get a huge guarantee. In other words, if the Devils get killed, it might be awhile before they make another leap that big. If they play well, they might try to get more games along those lines.
I think I covered it all for now, and this is getting long. Thanks again for the support. This thing won't work without you making it worth while. So keep the questions coming, or I'll just start telling you how my day was and what I had for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment