"Let's do this"

I see the confusion. "Let's do this" is an old wrestling term. I don't even remember who said it... I use it occasionally before a game as if to say "let's play... let's get it started," or something to that effect, not "Let's go Central."

It just means, enough talking about what needs to happen, let's see what happens, let's play the game. It has nothing to do with rooting for someone.

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, just trying to give the blog a little personality! I'll change it to my favorite wrestler's catchphrase... from now on it will be "Time to play the game."

2 comments:

  1. Matt,

    Matt,

    I believe the spelling is "shill" and whoever called you that needs to buy a Webster's and get on over to the Quinnipiac blog (if there even is one) and get a life.
    I look forward to the news and insight you provide and enjoy your articles in the Herald as well. I've been a Central basketball fan since the early 60's and am constantly impressed with the teams Howie puts together. If someone calls you a "shill" he's just being "shrill" and needs to be ignored. By the way, what ever happened to Jermaine Middleton? Is he still playing basketball? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is absurb for anybody to suggest that a sports writer following one team throughout the season should not root for that team. While it is true that it should not be reflected in his writing, to ask somebody not to be pulling for a group of players and coaches with whom they build a rapport is just inhuman.
    There is no reason to believe that because somebody roots for a team that they can't be critical of that team. In fact, the true fans are often the most critical. Indifference and unbiased reporting are not the same thing.
    You don't need to defend yourself, or try and prove that you don't root for the Blue Devils. It's simply not part of the job description.

    ReplyDelete