Wow

The bad thing about having a week off between games is because it gives fans the chance to get off on tangents.

I don't even know where to begin with some of the stuff I've read in the last couple of days, but let me try and take a few points.

1) Every coach tries to win every game. If you knew the hours that went into scouting reports and practice and the like, no one would ever insult a coach or player by saying otherwise. Sometimes you might not agree with the plan, and sometimes it isn't executed, but there's no coach who says, eh, "who cares if we win tonight." None. Doesn't happen.

2) Don't believe everything you read on recruiting web sites. I won't pick on any particular one, but let's just say there are some out there that aren't necessarily perfect in their accuracy. I encountered a couple this year alone that ran stuff I know to be nonsense. Many of them are very good, and I use a lot of them for research purposes. But just don't take everything you read there as fact.
I'll never forget chasing a story about one kid who was coming to CCSU a few years back and it turned out that they were never even in on him. That was my first experience with those sites, and I've learned that there are many others like it.

3) There's no need to have the height fight again, but anyone saying CCSU isn't trying should save your posts. They'll either be the source of a good laugh or something you can admit you were wrong about if these freshmen grow up the way most of us who have seen them play think they will.

And for the record, that works both ways, it's not a "homer" statement. If you'll recall, I was telling people who were ready to give Central the next 3 NEC titles to settle down as well. A few wins isn't everything, and a couple of losses doesn't mean the future is bleak, and is CERTAINLY doesn't mean people have stopped trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment