Quick rebuttal

I'll be back Monday with thoughts on the finish of the season, just wanted to respond to one comment I got.

If I'm a schill, why did I pick CCSU sixth in the league before the season? (It's on the record, go back and look at the season preview in the paper.) Why was I critical of them after the LIU game? Why when I was doing the "what has to happen" blog last week did I say Central would go no better than 1-1 against RMU and SHU? And I'll go back and look, but I believe I called that generous.

Why do I constantly tell people not to get overly enthusiastic not just about this season, but the future of the program in general? Would a schill be basically saying, as I have, that moving to a bigger conference or getting a big arena is a pipe dream?

I defended one of the best players in school history because he's one of the best players in school history and I felt that people were overlooking the little things he does. I was trying to provide insight from being around them so much about some of those little things. If that makes me a schill, then fine.

3 comments:

  1. let's call it overfamiliarity, rather than support, of a team can lead to the dark side. The use of the pronoun "we" by some sports announcers is an example of shilling. Not you so far..
    Devils need to show up 110 percent every game now or they will be spending spring break at Dave's.
    The who NCAA Div. 1 system is unfair in that it lures schools that should be Div. 1AA or even 2 into the top tier for a shot at big bucks. The one year and on to the NBA syndrome helps the mid, or in CCSU's care realistically, lower majors.
    Magneto's gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. matt
    the telltale quote
    "let's do this"
    who is 's -- us???
    the Heraldo?
    the Devils and its small coterie of media?

    us is like we and once that line is crossed...kerplunk
    X-Mando

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,

    Don't let the some anon posters, who probably aren't Central fans anyway, get to you.

    I think those who follow the program and your stories appreciate the coverage. Even when a few of our regulars disagree with you, its not because of any bias. Its about the game.

    So what is the pregame buzz for the QU game? Are "we" (CCSU) still in their heads? How important is this game to Howie and the guys? Is a 5th place finish likey at this point?

    ReplyDelete