Catching up

Hope you all read all the things that have been in the paper lately that have kept me busy. I twice started to blog but got called away both times.

Anyway, let's catch up, starting with hoops. Coach called the Wagner win "special," and I agree to some extent. The opposition wasn't the top of the league, but gutting out the win was impressive on the road, especially when the home team made so many runs back at the Devils.

Saturday was less impressive, though not unexpected. I think Central was looking forward to getting home and faced a good team that couldn't miss. It happens.

It can't happen tonight, however. No looking ahead to this Saturday is ok at all. The Devils not only need a win tonight, but need a nice easy one heading into Saturday. That's a huge one, but it loses some meaning if tonight gets away.

I also wrote a breakdown of how the women stand in the NEC... basically the worst they should do is third. I honestly can't do it for the men right now as it's just too bunched up. Maybe in another week.

Onto football: I don't think many fans will be happy with the class, but give coach Mac this much: he is putting his stamp on the program. For better or worse, he's going to try and play smashmouth football, and the quotes from his story today (cheap plug) in the Herald speak to that. Bigger linemen and a star running back. No receivers coming in.

I still say if he wins people won't care how, just like no one knocks the weave when Howie's teams dance. We shall see though.

Thoughts from the masses?

No comments:

Post a Comment