Catching up

First off, thanks to everyone who has passed along good words about the paper. We are going to be bought it seems, which means I get to keep covering CCSU. Can't tell you how thankful I am to get to work for you guys.

Now, onto tonight: First off, the lineup you saw tonight could be Central's best... IF Marcus plays like that. When he disappears, Central needs another scorer, and that means playing a third guard. Marcus was fabulous tonight, and can take a lot of heat off Ken. I think with Marcus a lot of it is confidence. When he's playing well he seems more aggressive. When he isn't, he doesn't seem as forceful.

I liked the way Robby looked for another things to do while his shot wasn't falling. Clearly he is learning from Joe. And before you guys go burying him, remember one thing. CCSU will need Joe at some point this season. I guarantee it.

Dave appeared to be fine, it seemed like just a cramp. Aaron left the court after most fans had with a crutch, but that could be just a precaution. I'll try and get more on that tommorow.

As for the Ken 3/4 talk... Ken does have to bulk up in order to spend some time at the 4... what makes him special is his ability to go between the two spots... he's a very good 3, don't get me wrong, but if he can get just a LITTLE stronger and be able to be even more of a combo guy, he will be unstoppable. Once that happens, Central controls the matchup. Right now, he kind of plays a role based on what the defense is doing.

In response to the comment: Can he score 20 a night as a 3? Yes. Can he be 24 and 9 if he's a bit bigger? I (and I admit to being the president of the Ken fan club) think so.

If Aaron's injury is serious, I think you'll see more of the 3 guard sets. But go back to some of the stuff I wrote towards the end of last year. Put Ken and a productive Marcus around Dave in the middle, and you have a very dangerous frontcourt.

And Marcus, if you happen to read this: 1) Keep it up. 2) Yes, I can read that scribble I write. It's mostly shorthand. And I don't do it much, my tape died.

Women are home Saturday, looking to go 4-0 in NEC play for the first time ever. If it snows Saturday you're excused, but Monday night you guys should go support this team. It's a different culture now.

I wouldn't even worry about the Beryl haters. What she has done in less than two years is staggering.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, Congrats on keeping The Herald alive and kicking!
    -Lauren, your old photog!

    ReplyDelete