I wouldn't be a good free agent

At least this year, I'm on the DL too much.
Anyway, thanks as always for the well wishes while I was away, hopefully I'm in good shape now through the rest of the hoops season. And thank goodness, because things are just getting good.

First off, and I know I'll get heat from this from the "every game is the national championship" crowd, but Thursday's game is basically house money based on what CCSU already accomplished during this trip. I said before the trip that the Devils needed 2-2 to come home in good shape, and they're 2-1 now.

That means the game against the Mount is fun. Central is starting to play better on the road (though part of that is who it played to an extent) so it has a chance, though this game doesn't decide a tiebreaker (unless CCSU wins it).

Also, Central picked the right time to send Shemik to get fixed up... better to miss some time now than have it bug him all year.

Those who have mentioned it to me as a concern aren't totally wrong: CCSU doesn't have a true backup point, but the Devils have gotten away with it. Robby will get better as the year goes and next year they should have some depth there.

As for Aaron, his loss is big but as Chris gets healthy and better, he can help fill the void, though in a different way. Also, Marcus is starting to wake up, which makes up for the points.

The hope was that Shemik would be back Thursday, and I haven't heard anything to change that. Though I've been out for a week. I'll keep you posted now that I'm fishing around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment