catching up

Ok, so new year's came and slowed down this update, my apologies.
First off, my apologies for the type on the game time today in the paper. Not sure how that happened, but it's definitely my fault.

Well, CCSU got blasted by more than I had predicted at Arizona State, but you can't really fault the Blue Devils for not being able to stop Mr. Harden...very few have in the last 2 years.

But, with that said, Central needed more tonight. Everything seemed fine at half. Central was shooting poorly but led, thanks in part to a big stretch for Aaron Hall. But Central got ice cold down the stretch and it fell apart.

This was a guard's game, and CCSU will win some shooting contests. But the bad thing about that kind of game is that it keeps Kenny from being fully involved. And giving the ball to Kenny is never a bad plan in my humble opinion.

Ken is still young, and he will learn to take over games. Also, as he gets a bit stronger and more and more used to the banging he's taking, he'll get better. Give him and this team time. There's 16 to go.

If you've seen the paper lately, you've seen what Ryan and I have written about the women. What Beryl Piper has done in less than two years is just remarkable. If this keeps up... well I won't jinx them yet.

The main thing I want you to take from this is to not freak about the men's loss. There will be another along the way. It's a LONG year.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I assume that there's only one edition of the Herald. In my Sunday edition, there wes no mention of the Blue Devils. EVERYTHING but...

    What happened?

    Dick

    ReplyDelete