Ah, maybe I wasn't making sense

Yes, "Three", my friend, now we're connecting! I'm not against Central getting a new building at all, nor do I think resting on your laurels is the way to get better.
The only things that I was trying to drill home were that 1) there's no reason to think a building is coming (if there's even a shred of hope of one I'll pass that news along, I promise) and, more importantly, 2) that Central has proven it could win without one.
I wasn't saying that it wouldn't help, just that it's not required. If it were coming, we could talk about how it will help recruiting and prestige. Since the new building is not coming, let's focus on the fact that titles can be won without one, that was my only stance on that. I'm big on focusing on not just what's going on currently, but what's realistic.

I wasn't singling anyone out on any particular comment about the hope for one (It's hard for me to remember who's who going from board to board and not knowing everyone anyway), but I was just trying to end what I perceived (maybe wrongly) as the notion that Central was dragging its feet on this. Not being a homer, if I find reason to say they are I'll say so.

As for the last point, because they're a state school and not UConn, there's not a lot Central CAN do. Seriously, you guys on the CCSUFANS board should start a fund and solicit donations. We'll need about $10 million I reckon?

No comments:

Post a Comment