Sad news

I do want to give some feedback on the board thread that mentioned me, and I will, but I have to run, but I do have I believe breaking news, since I haven't seen this anywhere else.

Hunter has an injured left collar bone and is likely out until at least the postseason.
I talked to him and to others at length about him today, and I wanna say one thing before I run off for the night. (Much more about this in Friday's paper.

I've picked on Hunter Wanket's fumbles and I've even suggested at times that I'd start Aubrey at QB for various reasons. But none of that was ever meant personally about Hunter. I've had the pleasure of talking to him for 2 years now, and what I already knew was reinforced this week. There aren't too many classier kids or better leaders at that school or on this planet.

I'm heartbroken for a terrific young man, fumbles, criticism be damned.

That said, quick housekeeping before I go for the night: Aubrey to QB, Steve to the backup, and more Josue and Richie to cover for Aubrey's absence from the WR position. Those are the only changes. Boddie will be a game time decision, everyone else should be a go.

And one more word of thanks to the Blue Devil football team, which let me crash its locker room today during a pair of lightning storms. I try and stay out of those rooms, and the team rooms down stairs, as the players deserve places that are "theirs," but they covered for the fat old guy today.

Anyway, much more on football to come.

And as for the other thing, this quick thought: remember that I do as many of the other sports as I possibly can, that's one of the reasons I don't get to them till later. Also, I try and save stuff for closer to the games, as that's when it's most interesting. Remember that I can't be at practice every day to get stories like Dez does with the Courant for UConn, as I have to do desk stuff in the office, where I am now, and get to the other sports. Heck, I usually do this blog from home after I leave the office at 10:30-11 at night.

Also, I try and get an occasional day off. Today on my "day off" I went to football practice and a meeting. Now I'm gonna go out to a birthday dinner, but please remember one thing. You can rip my writing and especially my opinions, but please appreciate that I try and get as much info as I can for you guys.
That said, I love my job, I'm not complaining. Just saying, I am only one man guys!

Flood my inbox and I will ask your questions if you don't like mine. mstraubblog@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment