Greetings from Atlantic City

Sorry I didn't update this sooner, the net connection wasn't the best last night. Central was solid yesterday, getting the job done in a game Charlie correctly described as "not pretty but (getting) done."

Today just wasn't pretty. Up 9-2, the Blue Devils were six outs from the driver's seat, which would have meant one win tomorrow with two pitchers let to get it.

Now the Devils need a win tonight simply to get the chance to try and win two. Perhaps no non-elimination game in any sport Central plays changes the course of a season like the first game of Friday at the baseball tournament. Amazing stuff.

My guess is Taylor gets the ball tonight (my gut says he does well, I've seen him since high school and know he has the makeup for this) with Ken Kerski and Derek Roberts up first tomorrow (if CCSU is there). Then it gets interesting, as Mr. Tesseyman or the rubber-armed Matt Gianini could very well be asked to pull off one of those seemingly annual no-rest efforts.

Sounds like there was a good turnout at the Alumni's barbecue today. I didn't get to make it up there until after the game was over, but i heard all went well. I can confirm that the hot dogs were good.

I'll post again very late tonight with thoughts on tomorrow or the end of the year, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment