I bet you're all glad I was wrong on this one

Howie Dickenman, who occasionally likes to remind me of my inability to correctly predict baseball series correctly, once thanked me for not picking Central to win the NEC.
Maybe when I see him this weekend, Charlie Hickey will do the same thing.
Just a week or so after I wrote about Central being basically eliminated from the NEC race, the Blue Devils have stormed back to pull within two games of first place heading into a big homestand this weekend.
The pitching continues to be Central's anchor, with Berlin's Taylor Kosakowski now joining the fold with just two runs in his last (nearly) 21 innings. Central's rotation is solid, but when Atlantic City comes, it will be guys like Kosakowski who will need to step up, especially closer to Saturday. Names like Kosakowski, Chachko and White will be just as important as names like Gianini and Roberts.

But just to be safe, I'll pick Monmouth. You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment