Answers, as best I can give them

Ok, first off, I just went back and reread my post from yesterday and realized I had combined two topics.
But in general, my point was that the loss of a recruit or two isn't huge. Would a prized recruit help the program? Of course, I didn't mean to imply that getting more players is ever a bad thing. But the team should be pretty darn good next year if everyone continues to develop and there's no sophomore slump.

Now, as to the request for some thoughts:

Just going on what Central already has, here's what I think of the guards: If Washington can improve to join the rotation at least as a fourth guard, I think the backcourt is fine. I'm the driver of the Shemik Thompson bandwagon, so I think he'll grow into the PG role if he gets it. Joe and Hall will help take some shooting burden off of him, which might let him focus more on being the PG if that's the direction CCSU ends up going. Do I know if Jermaine is a starter someday? No, but I'm not ready to write him off, either. Will he get a shot? With Howie, everyone gets a shot. You have to earn your time. Do I think Washington can help? Yes.

You also have to remember that several of these guys were freshmen a year ago, so they should continue to improve in the next year or two.

I don't think I'm giving away any secrets by saying Tamir struggled at times last year, but he also had some good games. He'll have to raise his level with what could be a crowded frontcourt next year to see a lot of time. If Marcus plays like he did the second half of the season, I love Horton, Palmer, Simmons up front with Tamir and Baskerville giving depth. I wouldn't say I expect "incredible" things from Baskerville, but I did really like him in high school and I think he can play at this level. We'll see what kind of talent scout I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment