Quick thoughts

I have to help get the paper out, so I'll post a bunch of things tonight when I get home, but wanted to leave you with 2 quick thoughts for now.

1) The field was a joke. It was brutal. It was the first time in my nearly 30 years in one that my chair didn't sink into grass. I couldn't tell the difference under me between the blacktop and the field. That's no good.
But, with that said, and while I think the NCAA ordering the game to go on despite everyone at the game telling them not to was a hideous call, Blue Devil fans can't blame the weather. The field was ice when UMass had the ball, too. The Minutemen simply had the right shoes and the right amount of execution to weather the storm.
2) Great turnout. A Rudd Field record as I understand it, and there might have been more blue than Maroon in the stands. Considering the weather and the delay, it was an impressive showing. Blue Devil nation came through for this team throughout the tournament.

1 comment:

  1. Matt- can't find your blog on the changed Herald site...where is it?

    ReplyDelete