Curb your enthusiasm

Sorry about the delay, but I've been working on a few things for the paper and had TONS of office work to do last night after the game.
As for the win over the Fightin' Blue Hens.... well they ran into the Runnin' Blue Devils, didn't they?
Howie told the opposing coach after the game that he caught them on their best day, and he was right. My bold prediction: If Central shoots better than 60 percent all season, it could win a national championship. :)
Of course, Central won't be that hot all year, that was a special day. Kudos to all of those who made the trip in the ice. I know the coach appreciated it, and I'm sure the players did as well.
I think there are many good signs to come out of the last two games, and I think this is a much more confident team than it was even two weeks ago.
Once you get a couple of good wins, you start thinking you can do it again. My only caution is not to expect things like Sunday to happen all the time. Just like I'll caution you not to panic if things don't go perfectly during this next road stretch.
I do like that a rotation has developed. I think the "iron five" as coach called them after UMBC is the starting lineup (barring injury) from here on out. Of course, I've been wrong about 323 times about that sort of thing already this season.
As for the person who wants to end the weave.... every team has a system. UConn has run that curling kind of play since I was about 12.
The key for this team, in my humble opinion, is energy. That manifests itself in a few ways. The biggest are aggresiveness on defense and pace. If Central forces teams to rush on offense and gets steals, that helps. The second part of that is the pace of the game. It's dangerous for a young team, but Central seems to look better when it's trying to get numbers and getting either to the basket or an open jumper quickly.
A couple of feature/notebook things coming this week, plus more blogs now that I have some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment