A couple of RMU thoughts

First off, I know Mike Rice rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but man does he get his team to play hard. They just claw at you from start to finish. The most impressive thing to be tonight was getting a 20-point lead down to about 13 and making a game of it again in the 2nd half.
As for their actual play: I thought they did their best stuff tonight against Pitt in their version of the weave. Lots of movement and drives, very well done. When they tried to just pass it around, they just kind of stalled because no one was moving. Also, Green picking up his third foul really hurt. Had they been able to get to the half in a little better shape, Pitt might not have started the 2nd with such a bang.
That little 2 guard is fun to watch, but I have a feeling Devan will be able to slow him down. To me, it comes down to 2 things Thursday. First, can CCSU survive against their bigs. 1 is tough enough, but two to worry about will be tough. Green is a nice 1-2 with Robinson. If Central can tread water there, then it just comes down to who runs its offense better. When these two teams are moving with and especially without the ball, they can score. If not, I think it could be a scrappy kind of game in the 50s. If Central can pick spots to run and not get beat up inside, I saw nothing tonight that makes me think it's an unwinnable game if the good CCSU shows up. But I do like this RMU team a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment