checking in

First off, wanted to let you guys know that with senior day stories I'm working on and a big computer changeover we have going on at work and all the training that goes with it, I'll be a little in and out this week.
So just in case I'm not on much (though I will get you those tiebreaks as soon as I get them), I'll give you guys a topic.
I'm going to say that with Kenny, they beat Fairfield, Sv. St. at least once more, and at least one of those early-season close road games in the NEC.
With a healthy Robby, they get at least one of the last 2 home losses. And I'm trying to be conservative.
My point: A healthy team without Kenny is easily .500 in this league (an improvement on last year) and with Kenny, even accounting for Robby being out and Shemik being hurt, then sick, they're 14-13 something like 10-6 in the league right now.
Put Robby, Kenny and Shemik at 100 percent and they're no worse than the 3.
My 2nd point: Going into next year, you're not really building off the 8-10 NEC mark you probably will end up with. In reality, it's a 11-7, 12-6 type team with Devan having a year under his belt and freshmen coming.
This team reminds me a lot of 04-05. Right down to how the schedule broke at the end. The next year, CCSU was 2nd in the league and made the semis, which it lost because it shot less than 30 percent and its two-best shooters were 4-of-20 from 3.
What does everyone think CCSU would be this year if healthy, and what do you think happens next year?

1 comment:

  1. i think they compete with RMU and the Q next year, no doubt. i also think yor estimations of a healthy team are right on. i think they compete with anyone in the league when fully healthy this year.

    ReplyDelete