A couple more things

In case you missed it, here's the hoops out of conference opponents: Fairfield, Savannah St., Citadel, UNH, Albany, Holy Cross, UMBC, Colgate and Northwestern.

Farifield is at the C6C, and Holy Cross, last I knew, was slated to be part of a doubleheader, probably at Mohegan.

Some other things I think I know:

Albany I believe is here, and I think the same thing about UMBC.

The Colgate game is defiitely on the road on Jan. 4, at least according to Colgate's schedule.

Sv. St. is an independent team that lost to Longwood last year, but plays anyone, anytime, anywhere. Still, should be a win.

If I remember right UNH was here last, so that game could be up in Hockey East country. This is based on nothing but a guess, but I think Northwestern and the Citadel are part of a tournament.

Overall, it's another good non-conference slate. Albany and Holy Cross are good "local" games, as is the C6C. Northwestern is a big-name team that isn't a Top 10 team, so Central could be competitive on its best day. UMBC is an old rival, and everyone wants more games against the America East. So, while I always like a BC or UConn (I thought this was a perfect year for the 2 to meet), this is a fun non-league schedule.

Is it hoops season yet?

1 comment:

  1. That's just 9 games; we had 11 last year.

    Are they just waiting to finalize 2 more teams before formally announcing the schedule?

    ReplyDelete