My redesign ideas

First, I haven't been to the new Monmouth place (Man I wish I could have gone today), but it's supposed to be amazing. I'll ask around when the teams come home.
Also, planning on going Saturday. So you'll have even more than today, and you'll have breakdowns of today's games too.
Speaking of that, don't give up on the women yet. Give them time to figure things out.
Now, loved the talk of how to dress up Detrick today. Finally, some talk of realistic goals.
Yes, it was my fault for not mentioning the court being fixed. It was the first thing I saw in practice in October, and I meant to mention it 11 times, and I don't think I did until later, which is bad since I ripped them for it for a long time.
As I mentioned before, my approach would be go with "historic" Detrick Gym. The place is old. But that's not always a bad thing.
Put pictures of old games all over the lobby, and all over the walls inside. And I'm not just talking about the 2000 team. I mean old, old games. Mention in the notes, program and anywhere else you can a list of historic games played there.
I don't know if the banners would hang across the ceiling, I'd have to ask. Not sure if anything is even up there. I like the banners themselves, they're different. And I like the blue for the women. Though they should have made a big deal about raising it. I'd also put up any old DII things, too. Play up the history.
Been to Gampel this year, and I do love the new scoreboards, but 1) they cost $$ and 2) I don't think they'd fit the vibe I'd be going for. Would the old Boston Garden have worked with a jumbotron?
And while the hustle stat board is cool, it's not a huge necessity.
I've talked to enough people at CCSU to think a student section is doable. You just need to go in an orderly way and set up a meeting, and you'd need to do the organizing I think in coordination with them. In fact, if someone from the student government wants to set something up and can't get the right people, contact me and I'll ask if we can arrange something. You'd just have to promise that there would be student support and that you wouldn't be crazy in a bad way. Loud doesn't mean obnoxious.

1 comment:

  1. good luck with your redesign ideas... i think whatever you decide on will be good!

    ReplyDelete