Devan update

Just got back from the Hoop Group lunch, after which I talked to Howie for a few minutes for a preview that will run Thursday morning.
I can add a few details regarding the Devan situation. Apparently he's being quarantined and has to wear a mask, so (and I'm purely speculating here) he must have some kind of awful and highly contagious flu bug. I'm not even going to guess what kind, and they're not supposed to be specific in a case like this, so I didn't even ask.
Coach did back off slightly, saying it was "highly unlikely" that Devan would make the trip instead of "he won't." Also, Devan told the team he'll be ready for Thursday, so he's trying. Though that appears to be a pipe dream.
Also, coach sounded quite sick himself, and Shemik was very sick last week, so something is going around again like it was early in the year. Awful timing is all.
That's all that's new from Stanley.
As for the other question about the Jason Page thing... I don't really want to comment more as it wasn't my business, I only said something because he mentioned it on the air so I figured it was fair game. Besides, I wanted to actually back him up because I knew some people would just assume he was being anti-CCSU. His account was accurate, I was two seats over.
Polite ribbing over the shirt would have been funny... I kidded him about it. But these guys were WAY, WAY out of line. A drunk college kid I'd have expected, but these were two older gentlemen. Bad, bad job by them.
And trust me, Jason's a good dude, I can personally vouch for that. He's been very good to me personally, and trust me, it's not because he needs career help from me. For an outsider to both like him, it's possible to be pro CCSU (which he has been) and pro Quinny. For those who aren't, however, do me one favor. Remember, root for your school, but be a human about it.
Get on Quinny for being overhyped, fine. Lord knows I have, and I'm objective. But if they win, be classy. Your school has three. Giving Tom Moore (also a nice guy by the way) credit doesn't mean you're ripping Howie.
Ok, I'm off the soap box. Wanted to get you the Devan stuff, but didn't want you to think I was ducking the questions about Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment