recap preview

Yes I can use those two words at once!
First off, this is my last of a few posts today, go back and read them, especially CT Hoops. You comments were posted, I was right. They're listed as "1 comment" under the posts they are responses to. I think that's why you didn't see the one you thought I didn't post. Go back and look, as well as to see my rebuttal. I do appreciate the response, as well as the critical but respectful tone. I wish everyone did it that way. I'm happy to debate all day if we can be civil and intelligent about it.

Thinking my talk with Howie today will run Monday, will let you know when I know for sure.
But for now, I thought I'd give you some highlights:

I did ask about the recruiting. He said one of the reasons there hasn't been a lot of in-state recruits of late is because the state has been way down. He said only a couple state players have signed so far this year.
As we know, (and this is me talking now) another in-state kid is expected to come, Darius Watson. Though when I checked into that with a high school recruiting source it sounded like less of a lock than I had originally heard from my colleagues. It still very much could happen, however. They're trying to add a couple of more kids, but they will be guards.
I did ask about whether he thinks his aggressive style makes it tougher to recruit. I have to go back and listen to his answer, it was in depth, so I can't really sum it up in one sentence. That quote you'll want to read.

Since I was asked earlier this year, I asked Howie how long he wants to coach. Since I don't think this one will make the story I'll put it here: "Until they tell me to go," was his answer. He sounded as geared up as I've heard him in awhile. Certainly there was no sign of slowing down. Just a hunch, but I got the vibe that he thought next year was going to be a very good year.

He's very excited about next year. He called this class coming in "one of the best recruiting classes we've had since I've been here." We'll have to see how it plays out of course, but that's encouraging. Of course no coach is going to say "man I think the class we have coming in stinks" but he spoke much more highly of it than usual. I'll have some interesting details on the two recruits that have signed.

I'll also have the return date for Kenny. I was half right. Also got some schedule stuff, will put the info here if I don't get it in the paper. You'll be excited if it comes true.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, great stuff. Had some questions for the mailbag but the hotmail email address below in on of the posts came back as not a valid email? Did you change hte email address? Thanks for all your hard work. It's always appreciated by fans, even if we (I) get critical now and then.

    ReplyDelete