Back on track.

Ok, first off, thanks to all the fine men and women at Hartford Hospital who put me back together again. All the nurses there are great, and Dr. Lui took good care of me.
I'm glad to be back with you guys.
Secondly, thanks to you guys for the kind words, and to everyone at Central who checked in.
Third: Thanks to the amazing staff we have here at the Herald, led by the great Ryan Pipke. He did a great job covering CCSU and keeping the place running without me, while Andrew Lovell ran around taking care of our holes while we were shorthanded and he and Ken Lipshez dominated high school coverage in typical Herald fashion.
The sports dept. wouldn't still be standing without those guys.
I don't have too much to add about the games, though I did listen on the radio so I'm not entirely out of touch. Both games that took place while I was out were turned around by defense.
Holding Delaware to one point down the stretch of the first half let the Devils back in it, and Howie waiting until it mattered most to spring the zone on the Mount was a brilliant move. Lots of coaches would have sprung it too early and ruined its effectiveness. Coach Dickenman picked his spot and it worked perfectly.
I stand by my opinion of Joe. He works hard and won't ever get down because he struggled in the previous games. For a team that is considered small to get a pair of o-rebounds in the final seconds was huge. Simmons is back to form, great to see.
So what's new since I saw everyone last?

No comments:

Post a Comment