Happy Thanksgiving

First off, a quick bit of business: Ktuck: I'm waiting for word on the women's recruits... I'm assuming there's some kind of logistical hangup, which often happens on these things.

Now, onto the important things. As much as I enjoy a good high school rivalry and will watch tons of college hoops today, I hope we all understand that Thanksgiving is more about giving thanks for what we have.

It's been a rough time for me and my colleagues at The Herald, though we're hoping everything works out for the best. Yet I still can't get too down. I have an incredible family who has helped me through (and put up with) a less than normal situation for 30 years.

And my "job"? Even if we folded tomorrow and this were to be my last job in journalism (neither of which I believe will happen), I've been blessed to be able to watch sports and argue with you guys about them and call it "work" for most of my adult life.

More importantly, I have wonderful people around me who I love to get me through jams, enjoy good times or just look at the leaves with. I have a roof over my head at night. In the end, that's all you an ask for.

Could things be better or clearer? Always. But trust me, I get how lucky I am and how thankful I need to be for how good things are, even if they don't always seem it.

To all of you who have read this blog and my stuff in the paper, know that you all are among the things I'm thankful for. You don't know how much you are appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

There should be a couple of stories leading up to Sunday's game by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment