A for effort

A fun day in Boston, getting to watch two big games in one day.

First off, the soccer team. The Devils were starting to find their legs when the PK happened, and I'd like to have seen what happened had BC started to get a little nervous about trying to break through Central's defense in the second half if it was still scoreless.

That said, give BC its due. The Eagles put the game away in the 2nd half and deserved to move on. I will, however, be rooting for my NU Huskies on Sunday.

Hoops: I've never been more sure about my feelings about this team. First off, while Rice is a stud, I don't feel his absence changed the score because if he's there Sanders doesn't score as much.

I was very impressed with Central's toughness. The Devils had no interest in giving up. I think they have to do a better job avoiding fouls, but I don't think the rebounding was that bad. The individual numbers were bad and Coach D knows a heck of a lot more about than this stuff than I do, but if you told me before the game the Devils would be within a couple of board on the night I'd have signed for it right then.

Marcus is going to have to grab more if he's going to play a ton this year, but I really like he and Kenny as a frontcourt with Dave. Shemik will grow on the rest of you, I promise, he's tough. Robby looked like he belonged on night one, and CCSU will see just one better team before March.

All and all, stealing a win would have been great, but there are a lot of positives to take from last night. On to Monday and Toothpaste U.

No comments:

Post a Comment