Very brief football preview

For space and fatigue reasons, there won't be much of a football preview this week. Won't have room for it in the paper. If I have time tomorrow night I'll write out something longer to put here and on the Web site, but for now I'll just give you the highlights of my chat with Coach Mac this week.

1) The most important thing he wanted to get out there to the fans is that he hears you, and he doesn't take this stuff lightly. He used the phrase "(ticked) off" and other forms of it repeatedly, and wanted to make sure it was clear that winning is in fact the first priority. Stats are nice, but the only one he cares about is wins.

2) He is not happy with the offensive production, and knows it has to get better. I wouldn't be surprised to see just one quarterback again this week. Not sure who though.

3) The 11 seniors deserve a big crowd and a fun senior day, regardless of the records of the two teams. He's right about that one.

I'll go back and listen and see if there's more, or anything I forgot. It's been a VERY long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment