I'm back

Sorry it's been awhile since I've blogged, it was a busy weekend. First off, how about those Red Sox, eh?
Ok, back to what you guys care about, your Blue Devils. We'll start with the football game. I had the pleasure of driving down with a bunch of guys you know, and we had a great time. Days like that make my job interesting, even if we did have to go over every bridge in New York (I hate heights).
As for the game itself, it was a gutty effort. The defense was dominant for more than a half, and the offense saved the day when it had to. Throw in a little luck, and the Blue Devils cleared their path to the NEC title. Albany won't be easy, but the Devils will be the favorite at home.
The passing game was better, though it will never be what a lot of fans around here wish it was. Remember, plays are called for specific reasons, it's not that a coach or group of coaches just likes one style more than another. You go with what works, as Jo Jo Freeman once told me.
The pass defense wasn't shaky, but it was the one area I'd like to see improved most based on last week. I wrote down Matt Abbey's name in my notes way too often.
How about the guts Mac showed on the reverse call? If that doesn't work, Wagner wins the game on a field goal. I'm certain of it. But it did, so the Blue Devils look like geniuses.
Anyone have any questions about the Wagner game for a guy who was on the sideline? How about this week's Monmouth tilt? Don't forget, 11 a.m. start.
Big weekend for the men's soccer team, which looks like it's getting its ducks in a row. But it may be too late. The women are making a serious run at the NEC, with huge home games coming up. They could use a big turnout for the LIU game in particular. I believe their Dartmouth game is off so that the Monmouth game can be replayed, I'll find out tomorrow. I doubt it will be rescheduled, though.
The volleyball team keeps rolling. If they win the NEC regular season title, we could be looking at one of the biggest weekends in CCSU history coming up in early November.

No comments:

Post a Comment