Oh, Hud can't we get along?

Let me preface this by saying for the millionth time that I'm not rooting for one QB or the other. Quite frankly, I get paid either way, and the only reason I keep writing about it is because you guys are interested in it and I'm here to serve you. So I try and get you updates. Don't blame the messenger for the results of those updates. All I can do is ask the questions and give you the answers I'm given and try to interpret them.

In fact, I pointed out the negatives in waiting this long to make the decision (I told him what I've told you guys, that I think he'd have been better off picking one and going with it.) It doesn't do anyone any good to learn two drastically different offenses. And I used the quotes where Mac was critical of himself. That's hardly "kissing" him.

My point about Aubrey's experience was that he has started in this offense and played games at this level. Which is true. You could argue that I could have used a different term than "dual threat," (and you'd be right, I wish I had worded that better) but when Aubrey rolls out he can run or throw. Also true. None of that is opinion. How well he does it, I'll leave up to you to judge.

I wrote that Hunter is thought of to be the more accurate passer because that's what I've heard from some folks in the program. I haven't seen him enough to make my own determination. That's another reason I'm not saying who SHOULD start. I'm just telling you who I think he'll pick based on what I'm hearing.

As I've said, the vibes I'm getting tell me that Mac wants to pick Aubrey. That's my observation. Has nothing to do with my opinion. He might not. It could be that he's been waiting to name Aubrey the starter and can't because he hasn't earned it. It could be that he's had Hunter picked out the entire offseason and just did all this to keep Aubrey working hard by not naming a QB. Or maybe he'll pull a name out of a hat today.

All I know is, one way or the other, I'll tell you as soon as I know who the QB is. I expect it to be today. If it's the guy you're rooting for, wonderful. If it's not, don't shoot the messenger.

But remember two things 1) I'm just telling you what I know and observe, nothing else. I've been wrong before about things I have a much better grasp on than this. 2) I don't pick the winner, so don't yell at me one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment