Some inside stuff

No, not nearly as exciting as it sounds, but I might have something along those lines coming. Not promising this time, so don't kill me if it doesn't come through.

I just posted a long football entry, but I wanted to mention a couple of work-related things while I'm ranting.

First off, my staff that has worked their butts off to implement our new work format that has allowed me to be the boss and continue to serve you fine folks who bleed blue is awesome. Ryan, Ken and Andrew are their names, and I'll put our 4 guys up against any big-staffed place around. We drive each other batty at times, but we make one heck of a team if I may say so.

Also, while most of you never met Amy Reed, you've seen her work if you're reading this blog. She's the young lady who has taken a majority of the CCSU pictures that ran in the Herald over the last few years. My favorite is Jo Jo going over the pylon from a year or two ago. Anyway, Friday was her last day with us, and she will be missed. But if you saw some of the great shots Ryan Pelham took of the soccer game the other day, you'll know the Herald camera is in good hands.

Last thing: I won't go too into it because I'm not sure if it's supposed to be public info, but if I do this right, the person I'm talking to/about will get it, and all of you will appreciate the sentiment.

As you guys know, I often mention the people at CCSU who help make me look smart, the guys in the SID office. But there's a "whole nother" (I did that just to drive Ryan nuts) group that takes good care of me.

Two quick stories: Two years ago (I think) when CCSU was playing on the road because the soccer field was flooded, they played a game in a monsoon. Knowing I'd be on the sideline at Sage Park, I assumed I'd be sick for a week. But when I arrived, a tent was set up for me without me having remotely requested one. You guys got your CCSU coverage and I didn't get the flu.

I think it was that same year when I mentioned in passing that a hole had formed in front of the entrance I use to enter the soccer field. For those who haven't met me, I use a wheelchair, so the hole was quite the obstacle as I couldn't just jump it. The next time I got to the field, a wooden board had been placed over the hole, again, without me asking. It just was done.

Those are little things, but they are appreciated. Anyway, one of the guys who helps me out with that kind of stuff is on the DL and I was thinking of him, wanted to mention that.

You know, those stories reminded me of another. When we do the next mailbag, someone ask me something that lets me tell random stories, because I've never had an excuse to tell my story about me, Mick D'Arcy and a football tackling dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment