A bit late

But I couldn't get on the net. I'm down in the lobby, paying to use write this blog! But dag nabit I promised a blog, you get one.
Today was amazing. The kids went for a light practice/walkthrough that seemed more like a bonding session than anything else. Then it was off to Hard Rock for a great lunch. I hung out with Page and Paul, the new AD, while the kids had a good time looking at the memorabilia and talking. Amazingly, the World Cup draw seemed to be a hot topic. Of course, the soccer players coming over to kick might have had something to do with that. My inside soccer source on the team says the US got a great draw and should go 2-1 0r 2-0-1 with ease and get to the next round.
From there it was off to Lucas Oil Stadium, which is, in a word, stunning. The Blue Devils (and I) got to walk on the field, take pictures in the locker room, and run through the tunnel (I let the players handle that part). The people there were all first-class, giving us a ton of thrills. So Pats fans, at least don't hate the Colts' support staff.
Btw, the 28 seems further away from that close up. Maybe that's what Bill was thinking! Ha. I crack me up.
Anyway, not to worry about all this fun and excitement. By 5pm the kids were in a meeting, and were off to do more team stuff after dinner (not before a near riot broke out in the excitement over the arrival of cheesecake.)
Jeff Marino (among others) swore that the team would be all business by tonight and ready to go in the morning.
Btw, hope you get the paper. I have a nice story about today's trip as well as a full game preview (and hoops previews!). LOTS for you to chew on.
I don't know if I'll get to blog Saturday, if I do it will be in the wee hours of the morning I think. We're coming home as soon as I finish my story and I'm not sure when we'll land, since I hear there's snow coming back home. If it makes you feel any better, it's bitterly cold here, too.
Anyway, thank you so much for reading this and the Herald site, I hope I was able to give you guys some insight into the trip. My goal was to give you an inside feel, more than just game stuff. I think I achieved that. I hope so anyway, for your sake, since you're the ones I was trying to talk to.
Will talk to you guys again on Sunday. REMEMBER THE GAME IS ON 1410! Page and Tom will have the whole blow-by-blow. A big thanks again to both for helping me quite a bit during this journey, particularly with logistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment