A couple of hoops notes

Well, my day off has turned into four stories, but that's what I do for you people!

3 quick things.

1) Larry: Hang on there brother. I like the way this team is fighting and their athleticism too, but let's not go putting them at the top of the conference until they figure out how to win a game, k?

2) Still want everyone's predictions and thoughts on mine, as well as more questions I can dig into for you. I broached the whole "we need to pass more" topic again this week in Gameday. Give me something new you want me to chew on.

3) A bit of breaking news. CCSU can't say anything about this until she signs, but the women's hoops team will be getting a letter of intent from Gabby Oglesby from Career in New Haven. She'll sign it on Tuesday.

I just got this news and haven't seen her play, but I know someone who has, so I'll find out more about her for you. For now I can tell you she already had 1,000 points as a junior on a team that went 61-14 over those three seasons. She has a shot to break the school record for points this season.

If Central can start getting Connecticut kids the way coach McInerney has, it will only help raise interest in the program. The state seems to be producing more big-time women's players than men in recent years (at least from the Herald area... we have four girls and 2 boys playing D1 this year), and there aren't as many top-level hoopsters locally as their are football players for some reason, but any local connections help increase fan interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment