Are you kidding?

That was the theme of the day in Devilland. At one point tonight, coach Green said to me, "CCSU is playing for a spot in the final 8. Did you ever think you'd hear those words?"

Honestly, I did not. Though it couldn't have happened to a better bunch of people. And to see the support they're getting from the community and at the school is pretty neat. By the way, the bracket has opened up like the sky during a summer thunderstorm. There's no reason now that this team can't make the national semifinals. Especially if it's going to score 3 goals a game.

Great first half from the women tonight, not much after that. I'll post more on both of these games tomorrow, just wanted to touch base with you all tonight. I will say that, while they were late-arriving, the turnout to see coach Piper's first game was impressive.

The second half defense was not.

By the way, I know I've been a little behind in the hoops coverage, but I do promise that will pick up. At the rate this soccer season is going, however, that might not be until the middle of December.

Quite frankly, soccer season was supposed to be over a couple of weeks ago. And even more honestly, I have no problem with the fact that it's not. We'll be all over the two key NEC games that the hoopsters have coming up, but right now, Blog Central is Soccer Central.

1 comment:

  1. staying alive, staying alive.

    Oklahoma, where the Devils roll down the plains
    yipee ieeee

    ReplyDelete