Weekend up North

What a weekend. Got the chance to spend Friday in my old stomping grounds of Boston, but you guys don't care about that, even though NU is quickly getting back in the thick of things in Hockey East!

The game today was fantastic. I never thought Central would have the chance to score three times, nor did I think the Devils could do it to be honest. Both of Harvard's goals were pretty, and you have to be really impressed with the way both teams battled. Harvard kept tying the game and seeming to take control, while Central kept battling back to take the lead again.

Yes, CCSU caught a huge break in the final seconds when the ball hit the crossbar, but luck is often the residue of hard work and preparation... at least that's what a tee shirt I used to have told me. Put it this way: Central put itself in the position to get lucky in the final seconds.

This blog will be quick as I have to go write my story now, but I wanted to give credit to the TONS of fans who made the trip. And to the guy who sent me that comment today... there were bleachers full of Central fans at Harvard today... I've been to state championship high school games, college games, all kinds of soccer... and the only crowd I've ever seen bigger than today was the last time the Revs were in New Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment