Clearing a couple things up

Now I'll admit I knew nothing about the men's soccer tourney before this all started, but having done some checking...

UMass is the higher seed, that's why they're hosting. UMass was the higher seed in their pod. If you think of it like the basketball, it would go: BC, Tulsa, (the national seeds) Harvard, UMass (the hosts in the first round) then BU and CCSU. It had nothing to do with Central not having a good enough field.

Using the same logic I think CCSU goes to UIC or SMU, but let's worry about that next week.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that UMass was the "higer seed" in this match up, as they hosted a first round game. I was just suprised the first press releases from UMass didn't indicate the game at Amherst.

    #8 seeded Creighton will surely host the winner of CCSU/UMass, but if UIC pulls off the upset, would CCSU have a chance to host that game?

    UIC was the AQ winner from the Horizon League. They finished 3rd in their regular season and did not host a first round NCAA game. I would think we have a 50/50 chance of hosting that game, but we need to worry about the Minutemen first!

    ReplyDelete