fun at Chili's

It was a great night, the kind that reminds you of the real reason you cover sports. A bunch of young guys hanging around, eating together and waiting for their moment on national television.

We'll have more of a preview later in the week, but for now I'll just say that this one is interesting. A fantastic offense against a defense that couldn't be hotter. It's Red Wings vs. Devils all over again.

For the record, the New Jersey Devils, the defensive team, swept the Red Wings, the offensive juggernaut, in the 1995 Stanley Cup finals. Maybe that's a good sign for this group of Devils.

My favorite moment of the night was this:

After CCSU's bracket came up, a team in blue was shown scoring a bunch of highlight-type goals. The place went nuts before one player yelled, "wait, that's not us!" That was followed by a chorus of boos.

It's little things like that that make my job so much fun. I haven't listed as many little anecdotes on here as I originally planned to, mainly because I'm never sure if the other people are okay with me sharing them. So just to the on the safe side, I save most of them. It's kind of too bad, because I have an absolute CLASSIC from the other night's basketball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment