Final thoughts on the weekend

Good things coming out of the Princeton loss.... terrific first half, then a great comeback when things were bleak late. That game could have gotten out of hand, and Central ended up having a shot to tie or win instead.

I hope I'm right about Shemik, I think he has a chance to be good quickly. Not Tristan-good, but useful. They have some good frontcourt guys too... if only they had one big boy.

Finally, to finish my thought from earlier... I've had more than one coach tell me the two years or more bit, and I buy it. I wasn't saying that Central isn't or shouldn't be working on a passing game. In fact, I was saying just the opposite.

For the record, yes I would like to see Central get more diverse on offense. My point was simply that you can't just run a few passes late in a blowout and expect that the few extra plays will improve your passing offense in time for the Albany game.

It takes a couple of years to truly install an offense and rep after rep to be able to break it out in a game. That was the only thing I was trying to clear up for people, and it's this: Whether or not CCSU passed down 34-7 on Saturday, or a few more in (insert game here) would have very little impact on this game this week. It's too late for that. The Blue Devils, and every team for that matter, are who they are at this point in the season.

Now, with that said, CCSU fans have two choices going into Saturday. They can whine about what their team isn't and take a negative attitude into the NEC title game, or they can get geared up for the biggest game of the year.

Central has never won the NEC on its home field. Remember the discussion we had not long ago about media coverage and general buzz? This is your chance. Make this the biggest game of the week. Sell your building out, go crazy and help guide your team to the title and the postseason.

Yes, there are issues to be addressed about the program's future. But they won't be fixed this week. Live for the moment, you're about to witness a special one.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, you made reference to the fact it would be nice to have a big boy on the MBB team. Do you see any possible recruit for the 2008-09 class that may be on Howie's Shopping list? Any insight on howthe recruting of Matt DeSousza (6'7") is going? Will he visti CCSU and is CCSU in teh running for him?

    ReplyDelete