Prediction

I want you all to read the paper and see why (I did a REALLY extensive preview this week), but I'll give my loyal blog friends my pick here for free.
34-13 Tribe in a game that is closer than the score indicates, but never really close. CCSU hangs around, but WM pulls away late. It's, say, 13-6 Tribe early, but they get a big play early in the second half and never look back.
Now, the question becomes this. If CCSU runs the table after Saturday, does it dance? I don't think so, but it's a thought.

2 comments:

  1. Very fair assesment of the game.

    The problem is the selection committee is baised. If CCSU were to lose to W&M and run the table after that, it likely not enough for the playoffs.

    First, CCSU won't have the required 2 AQ wins to get the "earned access" bid. Then when fighting for a at-large bid, they will hold the W&M against Central and downplay any "credit" for wins vs LU, ALbany, and Monmouth.

    A win this week, would put CCSU in the drivers seat and even give some wiggle room with a 1 NEC loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ, I agree with everything except your last point. If CCSU wins Saturday but drops an NEC game, I don't see it getting in. It's gotta run the table.

    ReplyDelete