A couple of scrimmage thoughts

I'll have lots more in the next couple days, but I'll just let some initial thoughts fly here.

There's clearly work to be done. Fumbles, drops, ugh. It's been ugly at times.

Jake White has looked really good, though I don't expect Gunnar to be challenged yet.
Jones is out sick, so we haven't seen him yet.

Fowler is out as well, but other backs have looked strong. Newington's Nate Pagan has several nice runs. Some of the freshmen have looked like, well, freshmen.

The receivers have been hit and miss, lots of drops. I was going to mention one kid in particular who has three drops (two real drops and one he could have caught but was tougher), but he's not wearing the correct number, so I have to find out who he is after.

Overall, I'm sure Mac will say it "looked like football," but it hasn't been championship football. Of course, it's Aug. 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment